Workplace Giving


Government employee workplace giving campaigns

Government employees can support First Place through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Government employees include:

  • Federal
  • U.S. Military
  • U.S. Postal Service

When choosing to give to First Place through your CFC workplace giving campaign, you’re helping to provide a healthy and safe transition for youth who are aging out of the foster care system. When selecting which organization to contribute to, please be sure to choose #97885 to designate First Place for Youth.

Local, state, county, municipal and school board employees should check with their local campaign administrator to see if First Place is included.

United Way


United Way campaigns are among the most trusted workplace giving choice among California businesses, with more than 500 companies and 75,000 contributors that participate.  If your organization is a United Way participant, you can designate your gift to First Place for Youth.  Once you have made your commitment to United Way, please help us maintain accurate records by advising us of your pledge amount.  Please contact Connie Handlin at or 510-272-0979 ext. 301.  

Non-governmental workplace giving campaigns

Many companies include First Place on their list of charities for employees to donate to. If your company does not list First Place, there are two ways you can help get First Place added to your workplace giving campaign:

  • Contact your company’s charitable employee giving manager and let them know that you would like to contribute to First Place.
  • Or email us at and  we will work directly with someone from your company to get First Place added to your company’s list of charities.


First Place for Youth

426 17th Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: 510.272.0979

Copyright 2009 First Place For Youth, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy